Home Made Face Mask for Dry Skin
Causes for Dry Skin
- Dry skin is a common complaint. This condition develops more often in the winters when cold air outside and warm air inside cause low humidity. A heated room makes skin even drier.
- When the skin loses too much of moisture it becomes dry. In extreme cases the skin may crack and flake off. Dry skin is more prone to become irritated and reddened.
- Bathing too frequently, especially with harsh soaps also removes moisture from the skin and make it dry.
Face Masks for Dry Skin
The best and most practical treatment for dry skin is to hydrate it. The best means to draw water into your skin is to briefly soak in a bath or shower and to moisturize right away after. You should also use moisturizer several times every day to hydrate your skin. You should also take care to apply moisturizer to the hands because hands are are washed many times during the day. We are suggesting some natural face masks for dry skin.
Olive Oil and Fresh Milk Cream Mask
Olive oil is also called as liquid gold. This oil has hydrating properties for the skin. Olive oil contains three major antioxidants: Vitamin E, Polyphenols and Phytosterols. Antioxidants helps to protect the skin from premature aging. Vitamin E in olive oil helps in restoring skin smoothness and protects against ultraviolet light.
- Olive oil – One Tablespoon
- Fresh cream – 2 Tablespoon
How to Make Olive Oil and Fresh Milk Cream Mask
- Take a tablespoon olive oil in a bowl
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh cream. Now mix them together till a uniform paste is obtained
- Apply the paste uniformly on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Now rinse off the face pack with warm water.
Honey and Orange Juice Face Mask
- Honey is known to absorb and retain moisture. So it is used as ingredient in a variety of cosmetics. It helps keep skin hydrated and fresh and prevents drying of skin. It is known that ancient beauties regularly applied a mixture of honey and milkto the face to keep the skin young-looking, radiant and smooth.
- Fuller’s Earth has also been used as an essential ingredient in many cosmetics, especially in hair and skin products. It is also known as “Multani Mitti”. It is a type of clay loaded with several minerals like magnesium, calcium, iron, silica, dolomite and calcite.
- Rosewater is a natural ingredient, which works wonders on the skin. Rosewater also is used in many cosmetic products. It is also sold in bottles. It has refreshing fragrance and is beneficial for the skin.
- Honey – One Tablespoon
- Orange Juice – 15 Drops
- Fuller’s Earth – One Tablespoon
- Rosewater – One tablespoon
How to Make and Apply Honey and Orange Juice Face Mask
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with 15 drops of orange juice in a bowl
- Add one tablespoon of Fuller’s Earth and add one tablespoon of rose water.
- Mix well to make a uniform paste of all the ingredients
- Apply the face pack on the face and neck.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Now rinse off the dried paste with cold water.
Egg and Yogurt Face Mask
- Egg Yolkhas Vitamin A that has retinoids or Retin A. It is used to help old skin cells shedding. It also regulates the amount of skin produced and stops pores from clogging. Egg Yolks also have 13 CIS Retinol, which helps reduce oil production and bacteria that can cause acne.
- Applying yogurt on your face regularly can reduce skin blemishes and make freckles disappear. Yogurt also lightens suntanned skin.
- Avocados is loaded with antioxidant called carotenoids like alpha carotene, beta carotene, beta Cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin and lutein. They remove free radicals in the body. Free radicals are known to damage body cells, make skin look older and also cause various ailments.
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 Ripe Avocado
- 1 teaspoon of Natural Yogurt
How to make Egg and Yogurt Mask
- Mix egg Yolk, Ripe Avocado and Yogurt together until it is smooth and lump free
- Apply to the face and leave it for 15-20 minutes or until it has dried on your skin.
- Rinse off with warm water
Banana Face Mask for Dry skin
Banana is rich in potassium and iron, even the females and pregnant ladies must consume it on a regular basis. It is very beneficial for dry skin and can be used as face mask for smooth and glowing skin. Ingredients
- Bananas- 2
- Honey- 1tablespoon
How to make a Banana Face Mask
- Two medium sized bananas and honey (Optional).
- Mash the bananas.
- Add honey if desired.
- Smooth over the face and neck and leave on for 10 minutess.
- Then rinse off with cool water and pat dry with a clean dry towel.
Apricot or Peach Face Mask for Dry Skin
- Facial masks and scrubs prepared from apricot exfoliate the pores of the skin. It also unclogs skin pores, and eliminate blemishes. Regular use of this face pack will make your skin healthier and radiant.
- Peaches contain anti-oxidants. It boosts collagen generation and improves the elasticity of the skin.
- 4 Apricots
- Or 1 peach
- Or 1/2 ripe Avocado
- Or 1 ripe Banana1
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
How to make Apricot or Peach Face Mask
- Mash the fruit of your choice and mix it with some slightly warmed up olive oil. Make sure you have a smooth, creamy substance that will stay on your face without it running.
- Massage/ spread the paste gently and equally with your fingertips on your clean face and neck; keep the eye area clear.
- Now lie down, relax and leave the mask on for 15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with alternating cold and warm water and finish with a splash of cold.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Finally, apply a moisturizer, this way you “seal” your skin to keep the water inside.
5-minute Dry Skin Care
- Cleanse quickly using a wipe-off cleanser for dry skin.
- Tone using alcohol-free toner on water-moistened cotton ball.
- Hydrate with a moisturizer for dry skin. Preferably one containing a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Avoid and protect your eyes.
- Remove your eye make-up.
- Cleanse as above.
- Apply a night-cream.